Body Boost: Exercise CAN Be Fun (Really, We Tried It!)
- Make it special. “I have ‘magic shoes’ that I only wear when working out. They are a trigger. I put them on and suddenly I feel strong and capable instead of the lazy I felt a few minutes earlier. I call them my Wonder Woman sneakers.”
- Change something. Hey, if Taylor Swift can do dubstep, you don’t have to just listen to your usual podcast. Take on some musical style you’ve never explored before.
- Be adventurous. Take on something a little out there. Rock climbing? Kickboxing? “I like to kick butt. Even if it’s just imaginary.” Heck yes. Why not?
- Or be less adventurous: Walking is a wonderful exercise for people of all shapes, sizes and ages. Start small. Park as far away from the door as you can, every time you park. Work up to walking farther each day.
- Be a teamplayer. There’s no need to go it alone. Find a workout buddy and walk together or go to that dance class as a team. Having someone counting on you being there will help get you going. Got a little fight in ya? Maybe give your competitive side a workout and find the nearest pick-up game of basketball or join a local soccer team.